I have been seeing questions in different blogs where people question about cancelling invoices for Projects in dynamics AX.
Well, there exist a functionality for creating credit notes for posted invoices in dynamics AX Projects. I will explain the basic steps to cancel a posted invoice and to update the credit note for it.
Steps for cancelling a Project Invoice :
- Go to Project Accounting > Select the project for which you want to cancel the invoice.
- Click the Invoice > Invoice button.
- This will show all the invoices that are posted for the project.
- Filter the invoice you want to cancel/create the credit note for.
- Click Functions > Select for credit note.
- On the Select for credit note form , click select all button, and then click OK button.
- Now , go to the project transactions and you can see that the transaction status for the project transactions will be “Selected for credit note”.
Post the Credit note proposal:
- Go to Projects > Invoice > Invoice Proposal.
- Click the Create Invoice button and select Credit notes for the Invoicing method field.
- Also select the transactions (Check boxes)you want to include in the Credit note proposal.
- Click OK.
- This will create the credit note proposal line. See the info log message below.
Now , post the credit note proposal by clicking the Post Invoice button.
I will be happy to discuss questions on this if any.
Thanks, Keep DAXING 🙂